Thursday, December 20, 2007

A cold, sniff!

As the title suggests I have a cold, sniff, snort, blow, cough! It is disgusting and although I don't feel all that sick I sound horrible. What makes it especially bad and kind of embarassing is that I work on the phones for my job and so to customers I sound like a sniffly little girl and to my colleagues they just see me as a collection of germs to stay away from. I kept getting looks of sympathy and disgust as I hacked up a lung all day today, yuck! I hope it is gone by Christmas day.

Thankfully Dylan has not caught my cold as yet and neither has hubby, lucky for me as both are big babies when they are sick, one of my boys can be forgiven for this behaviour as he is a baby well a toddler but the other one has no excuse.

I managed to finish my Christmas shopping on Tuesday along with getting Dylan's photo taken with Santa, which was not as much of a nightmare as I had anticipated. He did not smile but he did not cry which is what I had feared. I have also finished and posted my cards, wrapped all the presents, selected a lovely Christmas Day outfit for myself to wear and decorated the flat, sort of, well as much as I can with no tree. We have our work Christmas/End of Year breakfast tomorrow at none other than The Pancake Parlour where I worked for five years, aaaggghhh (that story is to be dedicated to another diary entry) and we are all participating in a Kris Kringle which I am excited about, tomorrow night I have work drinks which I am 'allowed' to go to! Then bring on Santa, yay yippee. I have left Hubby with a hint or two for my present. I cut out a pic of the book I want, which is the new Paullina Simons one and I have also requested a new wallet as my beautiful Mimco one was vomitted in by my darling son! Let's see if hubby, I mean Santa delivers.

No comments: