Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Feeling hot hot hot

It is 43 degrees here ins Melbourne today, too bloody hot for me and my liking. Yesterday it got to 43.2 and my sleep last night was very disrupted. We don't have aircon in the flat we live in and although I have lived here for 12 years and should be used to it I am not. There is no relief in sight for a few days either. I have skipped work because I feel too sick and too hot and too tired to go. I know my office is airconditioned but its really getting there and getting home in the searing heat and with connex as our train network that has turned me right off going. So I am lazing around at home in front of the fan, sparying myself with water and dabbing my brow with a wet facewasher. I took Dylan to daycare because they have airconditioning and at least he will do some activities as opposed to if he was here with me I would be lying on the couch thinking please amuse yourself. Poor little man. His room last night was the hottest in the house, I just had him in a nappy and the fan on him, but it was still hot, although he slept really well, lucky thing.

Jimmie and I are going to remove the sides off Dylan's cot today and make it into a junior bed, hooray for Dylan. He is growing up into a big boy and needs a big boy bed. We will buy him a single bed and bedroom furniture when we move into our house. So tonight may be interesting with sleeping for him, I am sure once he is asleep it will be fine but getting him to go to sleep will be the challenge. Oh and he has learnt how to pull his own covers onto himself righ during the heat wave, LOL. At least I know that by winter he will be fine to be out of his sleeping bag and alright with his doond and sheets and will be able to pull them up himself if he kicks them off. He has been loving hopping into mum and dads bed and pulling up the covers. I really feel he is ready for this big step. Will let you know how it goes.

Off to melt some more.

No comments: