Friday, January 11, 2008

A new year a new us!

We have had some very hot weather here recently and it has upset Dylan's (and mine) sleep a bit although last night was pretty good I was asleep by about 9 and Dylan slept through so I did too, yay. We are moving Dylan into his own room today. The room that took longer to paint and carpet than it took the pyramids to build. We have put some of his toys in there and his change table/chest of drawers and I have been telling him that it is his room but today we are putting his cot in there and he will have his first night there. I am just going to be positive and hope that he goes down well tonight. I am fearing that I might get a bit of seperation anxiety from the experience. We will see. I will post a photo of the new room as soon as it is complete. It is like I am decorating his nursery (at 18 months) and it is very exciting.

The new year new us business is because well it is a new year that being 2008 and I am hoping that some good things will happen for us this year. Weight loss for me. The start of a new course for me. A job for hubby. Quit smoking for hubby. A house for the three of us. My/our finances in order. Some pretty big things there.

I enrolled in a course yesterday which is a certificate 3 in children's services which I am doing by correspondence and hope that it will lead me into a Dip Ed in primary or early childhood, I am hoping the latter. The course is for 24 months and as I was hoping we would start TTC in July this year I am considering delaying this until early next year. But we will see. I am sure it would be harder to complete the course with a newborn and a toddler.

Anyway it is an exciting new year and I hope these things will happen for us.

No comments: